Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why Write?


What do the Bible, Gone with the Wind, and Moments With You have in common? They were all written by writers! Where would the world be without writers?

Today I thought we'd talk about why we write. When I was a little girl, I started a diary. Guess I was bitten by the writing bug back then, although I didn't really realize it until my children were in their teens.

I have to write. I keep a little notebook in my purse and often pull it out to jot down an idea or capture a memory. Writing helps me understand the world. It causes me to look to God ... asking for creativity and wisdom, and the right words. And hopefully, my writing brings Him glory.
 
What about you? Why do you write?

- Mary May Larmoyeux, LRAW Vice President

No comments:

Post a Comment