Thursday, March 27, 2014

Book Signing and Talk with Shellie Rushing Tomlinson

This is the first book signing and talk by an author that I have attended. It will not be the last.  Linda Scisson and I are reading Hearts Wide Open. Linda has a hard copy and I have an e-copy in my iPad.  So, Linda got her autograph but I decided Shellie probably shouldn't sign the screen of my iPad.  So I had no choice.  It was completely out of my hands. I had to buy two of Shellie's books just so she could write something to me.

Shellie shared with us her path to getting a publisher and it was so interesting and encouraging. She chose to self-publish her first three books. When Penguin Publisher noted how well her books were selling, they approached her and invited her to write for them. Amazing.

Shellie remembers her L O V E of reading as a child. Her family lived in a rural area and the Bookmobile from the Library came only once a month. They were allowed by the staff to check out six books for the month. She, being a desperate reader, agreed to do her two sisters' chores if they would let her check out their quota of books. Oh yes, they agreed. (Huckleberry Finn had nothing on these girls.)  And Shellie would lug 18 books to her house and devour them during the course of the month before the Bookmobile lumbered back down the road.

Shellie is a committed believer in Jesus Christ. She lives what she shares in her writing. She began by writing humorous books (I've got two of them) and Hearts Wide Open is her first Bible Study book.  It has a workbook (print or download)  and the teaching DVD is coming out soon.

We thoroughly enjoyed meeting Shellie Rushing Tomlinson and we are so grateful that she took the time to come and to talk with us. 

Now, about the Purple Cow.  Great burgers. Great shakes. Great rootbeer and Great de-caf coffee.  Fun company. 

Keep Reading. Keep Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment